If you are really determined to get low price airline tickets and never pay for high airfares again, there are some important things you should keep in mind before you make your next booking. Follow these seven tips for saving money through obtaining low price airline tickets.
1. An important factor when you begin to think about getting low price airline tickets is making sure that you plan your booking early, at least a month in advance. The reason that this is important is because airlines love early bookings; early bookings allow airlines to plan their flights in advance to save time and money. If you do not book at least a month in advance, then you run the risk of paying high airfares.
2. Another important consideration for securing low price airline tickets is where you make your booking. It is critical that you book online, either through the website of the airline, or through a travel comparison site, because you end up not paying a commission to a travel agent. If you make sure that you book online, then you, and your bank account, will be fine.
3. You do not always have to buy a return ticket to get low price airline tickets. Instead, you may be able to buy two single tickets instead of a return. Make sure that the total price of the two single tickets is lower than the price of the return ticket. To make your single tickets even cheaper, consider using different airports other than the major ones, and look for special airline deals that only apply to single tickets.
4. Instead of making things difficult for yourself by sticking to one date to fly, try it this way: plan ahead and make a list of possible dates you can fly on. In fact, if you find out the prices of tickets on different dates, you may find differences worth hundreds of dollars.
5. Have you also considered flying in an inconvenient time? It may be difficult, but the inconvenience you get is likely to translate into a lower airfare. What you need to do is choose not to fly in the weekend, and in the hours outside 9am to 5pm.
6. Another factor you may consider, especially in you travel a lot, is to sign up for e-newsletters. Look for them in travel websites, and even in airline websites. They contain loads of useful information exclusive to their subscribers that would help you get low price airline tickets.
7. Here is a little known tip for getting low price airline tickets that can potentially save you hundreds: monitor the price of your ticket after you have booked it. If the price ever falls, call the airline and ask if you can make a re-booking at the lower price. If you are successful, the airline will either refund you the difference, or give you a travel voucher. Be careful of any re-booking fees.
So if you really want to get low price airline tickets, follow these tips to save money on your airfares. With low price airline tickets, you will be able to enjoy your trip much more, and perhaps even budget for your ideal holiday. Book Airline Tickets